Original Recipe from: Lord Byron’s Kitchen
An indulgent dish that takes hold of your senses and doesn’t apologize–Easy Baked Pork Belly is slightly spicy with hints of saltiness and sweetness; it’s super moist and super delicious!
- 3 pounds pork belly, skin removed and cut into 2 inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic,finely minced
- 1teaspoondried red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2tablespoonsbrown sugar,lightly packed
- 1tablespoonsesame oil
- 1/4teaspoonground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4 stalks green onions chopped
- Place all of the ingredients (except the sesame seeds, pork belly, and green onions) into a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add the pork belly pieces and toss to coat with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Arrange the pork belly on the baking sheet being careful not to overlap.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, carefully turn each piece over, and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions. Return to the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Please note: Sliced pork belly is available in various degrees of thickness. For this particular recipe, use pork belly that is 3/4 to 1 inch thick. Otherwise, if the pork belly is too thin, much like thick cut bacon, it will dry out.
Calories: 1231kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 123g | Saturated Fat: 44g | Cholesterol: 163mg | Sodium: 717mg | Potassium: 474mg | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 200IU | Vitamin C: 2.5mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1.8m